Holy Cross Church
In the middle of the XVIII century Irkutsk became so a rich city that rightfully challenged the title of the"Siberian capital" with Tobolsk city. The Irkutsk city even had a local school of architecture, develops one of the directions of Siberian baroque. A crown, unsurpassed masterpiece of Siberian baroque, became Irkutsk Holy Cross Church. The City chronicle refers the beginning of construction of the building by May 1747, and clerge statements assert that the new church was consecrated on September 11, 1758.