ruencn
Monument to Alexander III
Monument to Emperor Alexander III is installed at the intersection of the main street Karl Marx and the Upper River Embankment.
Monument to Alexander Kolchak
Opening of the monument took place in 2004 in honor of the 130th anniversary from the date of his birth. The monument was the first monument to the famous admiral in Russia. The sculpture was installed near Znamenskaya church near the Angara river and the place where Kolchak in 1920 was shot. On the pedestal of the monument are depicted the bas-reliefs of two soldiers, the brothers in the form of a red and white army, lowered their rifles, bayonets, which symbolizes the end of the civil war.
Monument to Alexander Vampilov
Monument to Alexander Vampilov was established in September 20, 2003 in the Right Bank district of Irkutsk. The monument is located in Karl Marx Street in the park near Irkutsk Academic Drama Theatre.
Monument to Cossacks - pioneers
Monument to Cossacks - pioneers was established in 2011 for the 350th anniversary of Irkutsk city.
Monument to Gaidai
The monument to Leonid Gaidai is a sculptural composition based on the scene from the Russian film "The Caucasian Captive". The monument consists of two sculptural groups: the first depicts the iconic scene from the film with Trus, Balbes and Byvaly, the main characters, and the second represents the film director L. Gaidai himself, guiding the filmmaking process, and Barbos, the famous movie dog. The monument was erected on the square of Labor near the Irkutsk circus. The authors of the monument were Alexander Mironov, Lev Serikov and Sergei Demkov. On October 10, 2012, the grand opening was held involving city administration, theater and film actors V. Lanovoy, V. Zolotukhin and Sv. Svetlichnaya. The figure of Gaidai, twice height of a film director, is 3.4 meters tall, the main characters are 2.5 meters tall, its weight is more than 5 tons, the construction cost is 19.5 million rubles. According to the sculptor, the monument is made passable through to let people feel like they are on a film set. The monument was erected to mark 90-th anniversary of the great director, who was born and raised in Irkutsk. In 1947, he graduated from the theatrical school at the Irkutsk Regional Drama Theater. After two years of work, Gaidai entered the directing faculty of VGIK. In 1955, he finished his graduation and started working at the Mosfilm studio.
Monument to Leonid Gaidai
Leonid Gaidai is a very popular and famous Soviet film director. The composition of the monument consists of the figure of the legendary filmmaker and his popular characters, depicting the scene from a comedy.
The Fire Tower of the fire department No. 3
The Fire Tower, the highest building in the pre-revolutionary Irkutsk, is a cultural monument of federal importance. Since XVIII, the fire service in Russia was part of the city police system, and later it was turned over to the Ministry of Internal Affairs. N.I. Treskin, Irkutsk Governor, initiated the reconstruction of the city's fire service in 1814. The governor ordered to build three private councils, and to accommodate the city police in a two-storey stone house on the street Lugovaya (Marata). After the capitals, Irkutsk became the third city in Russia where firefighting service was organized at such a high level.